Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Double Embossing - a tutorial

I thought I would I do a little tutorial showing how I did the double embossing on my card from the other day





I started by embossing with a Die-Namics Oval Doily.



This is what it looks like once you have embossed



Next I used a Tim Holtz diffuser ( but you can make your own) and an embossing folder. With the diffuser you don't need another B plate as the diffuser is the correct size.  If you make your own you need to ensure that it is thick enough.  There are a lot of ideas on You Tube or Google if you want to DIY
 
 Here is the result of the double embossing

And finally a look a the card I made 


and the one from a couple of weeks ago


Hope this has encouraged you to try out this Double Embossing Technique.

And if you are interested in using Tim Holtz Diffusers... go watch this video from Britta Swiderski 

Dawn and the Divas


4 comments:

Katia said...

Fantastic tutorial!

Jutta said...

Thanks for this interesting tutorial Dawn!

judkajudi said...

The cards are stunning ... and I am off to see the video. The embossing really enhances the card!!

Arlene said...

Love your tips!