Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Favorite Die of the Month Continued

Hello again friends and readers!

If you haven't read Monday's post Here, I'm sharing cards I made using my favorite diecut of the month throughout this week.
 
For today's card I did another red, brown combination, but I used a different technique for my flower die,
 
I cut an 8 1/2 x 11  card base in half lengthwise at 5 1/2 and a card "front" at 4 x 5 1/4 distressing the entire piece with vintage photo distress ink, and stamped my background over it with white dye ink.
Next I ran my flowers through the machine on plain white cardstock and colored them both with aged mahogany distress ink, then I squirted some stardust stickles and rubbed it with my fingers over them and heat set it to quicken the drying process.
For the stem and leaves I distressed a scrap (the corner of my finished diecut flowers) with both mowed lawn and peeled paint distress ink, cutting at a slight curve for the arched look, the leaves were made using a small portion of my circle punch. I ran some adhesive along the stem and leaves and put them in place then I layered the flowers bending the petals slightly up and put a little dot of glossy accents to hold the flowers together, and put them on my card to finish it off.

Materials
Hero Arts Flourish background CG119
Solar Neenah white cardstock
Tattered Florals Bigz die
Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, and Mowed Lawn Distress inks
Memories White Dye ink
Stardust Stickles
Glossy Accents
Circle Punch

Thanks for stopping by again! I hope these cards are inspiring you to join in the fun!
Take Care and I hope to see you back here, Friday for our final day using my favorite diecut.

Hannah
And the Die Cut Diva's Design Team.

 

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

fabulous Hannah.

Arlene said...

You are on a roll here with those wonderful flowers. Fantastic!